Today I am super excited to share with you a project that I’ve had in the works for quite a while!
Piano With Megan is an online piano learning community for any adults interested in learning the piano. Whether you’re starting from scratch or if you already have some piano chops, you’ll fit right in.
Piano With Megan is a closed Facebook group where I share helpful tips and give give tons of piano practice advice.
Adults are one of my favorite age groups to teach. I love that they are curious, motivated and conscientious. However, adults also have the challenge of having a lot of responsibilities to juggle. I find that these responsibilities often prevent adults from learning the piano in a traditional piano lesson format. When work and family have to take priority, scheduling a piano lesson each week can be tricky.
My goal is to give adults all of the tools and resources they need to practice piano independently at home, on their own schedules.
In Piano With Megan you’ll find:
- Quick videos that explain music and piano concepts in a simple way.
- Recommendations for books and online resources to make your piano study easier.
- Tutorials and free downloads of sheet music and audio files from willbailypianotunes.com.
- Motivational and inspiring tidbits to help you get the most out of your piano practice.
- My best tricks of the trade to help you progress and gain confidence at the piano.
Playing the piano is one of my very favorite forms of recreation. I love that it is a way for me to wind down and express my creativity. At the same time, it has taught me discipline, patience, perseverance, and diligence. It’s not easy, but studying the piano has absolutely been one of the most rewarding aspects of my life.
One of my goals in teaching music is to help other adults to experience all of the wonderful, positive effects that music has always had on me.
In our digital age, there is no need to be limited by time or distance. I truly want to help anyone learn the piano and I invite you to join our online community.
It’s completely free and you are free to participate in any way that suits you.
- Soak up as much or as little information as you prefer.
- Ask questions and join in the discussion to learn more about how to play the piano.
- Share your goals to gain accountability.
- Post pictures and videos for feedback from me and other group members.
- Learn music that is shared within the group, or find your own music to study.
- Practice and study piano at your own pace!
Click here to request to join the facebook group. I can’t wait to get started learning and enjoying music with you!
If you are starting from scratch as a brand, new beginner, you can find Your First Piano Lesson here.